The First Aid and LVR course is essential if you are conducting live work or working with live switchboards. The course covers the performance of rescue procedures from a live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus, not including overhead lines and underground cables in the workplace.
It specifies the mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. It encompasses responsibilities for, health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
Completing the course will provide an individual with the skills and knowledge to carry out and complete the LV panel rescue procedures and to perform first aid (including CPR) on a casualty in a range of situations. It consists of real-life practical skills and knowledge to allow the participant to be assessed as competent in providing CPR in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines as well as rescue procedures from an LV apparatus.
Low voltage rescue comprises responsive operations that involve the saving of life, or prevention of injury during an incident or dangerous situation.
Click To Expand More Information.
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 by First Aid SA
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- Course Set - HLTAID011 & UETDRRF004 (First aid/ LVR)
- HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 - Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid
- UETDRRF004 - Perform rescue from a live LV panel
This course can be delivered/assessed in the workplace or at facility organised by the training provider First Aid SA.
Prerequisite – This course has a prerequisite of HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (Evidence of completion and currency is required).
Physical fitness – Participants must have the physical capacity to complete a practical demonstration of a simulated LV panel rescue.
Pre-course study: Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Certificates will require renewal after 0 months
Performance tasks and practical scenarios
Theory assessment -
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
- Inspection and placement of rescue equipment and performing a rescue
- Low voltage panel rescue
A written exam consisting of multiple-choice questions. All questions must be completed.
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au (https://allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook
) for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
|COURSE TYPE||DELIVERY TIMES
|Refresher min. duration:||7.5 Hours
|Blended min. duration:||8 Hours
|Face-to-face min. duration:||10 Hours
|Online with face-to-face min. duration:||60 Minutes