Advanced First Aid Course
Challenging situations, such as multiple casualty incidents, having to move or extricate casualties, or treating potentially fatal illnesses and injuries are high risk. It is imperative that training occurs to be able to know what to do when confronted with a real-life incident.
This course provides practical simulated real-life situations to learn and gain the confidence to coordinate and manage a response and provide advanced first aid in line with legal, community and workplace considerations, Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and other Australian national peak clinical bodies until emergency services arrive.
Instruction on basic first aid and CPR will be provided, as well as treatments specific to advanced conditions, such as hypothermia or hyperthermia, head, neck and spinal injuries, using tourniquets and haemostatic dressings for life-threatening bleeding, and managing a casualty in shock.
The course covers recording casualty condition, completing workplace incident documentation and debriefing for recognising areas for improvement, psychological impacts, and seeking help as required.
Click To Expand More Information.
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 by First Aid SA
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- HLTAID014 - Provide Advanced First Aid
- HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 - Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid
This course can be delivered/assessed in the workplace or at facility organised with First Aid SA.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform all practical demonstrations including 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Online study options: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Certificates will require renewal after 36 months
Performance tasks and practical scenarios
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the adult CPR simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
- Simulated First Aid Scenario - Manage a casualty with a life-threatening bleed
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the life-threatening bleed first aid scenario
- Coordinate a multiple casualty incident
A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au (https://allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook
) for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
|COURSE TYPE||DELIVERY TIMES
|Refresher min. duration:||N/A
|Blended min. duration:||N/A
|Face-to-face min. duration:||16 Hours
|Online with face-to-face min. duration:||6 Hours